Writing A Before I Turn 30 Goal List:
There was a point in my life where I thought 30 was old and after that age I would just be old. At 18, a few friends and myself put together a list for ourselves about things we wanted to do before we became thirty years old to put in our year book time capsule. I found this list a few weeks ago while cleaning out a closet.
Now that I am a year from turning 30 my perspective on things are a little different. Some of the things I no longer want to do and many of the things I have yet to do. However, I no longer feel like these are things I must do by a specific age. Life does not end at age 30, but it was still fun to look at.
Things I Want To Learn How To Do Before I Turn 30:
These are things that I wanted to learn how to do before I was thirty years old. I did not feel like I needed to master them just learn the basics and be knowledgeable in the subject.
- Scuba Dive in the Ocean. I would love to visit a ship wreck site.
- Play A guitar on a vintage guitar.
- Speak Spanish and be able to converse in Spanish with ease.
- Learn to make yummy Chinese food like sushi and cashew chicken. ( I actually ended up learning how to make sushi and I am now addicted to it. You can see photos of my sushi I made here.)
- Learn to play poker and chess.
- Learn to box. No not really into watching boxing but I love doing the boxing workout tapes, so I think it would be fun to learn to box.
- Learn to Dance Salsa. It just looks so fun to do.
- Learn to drive a stick shift, so I can buy a vintage pickup truck. Maybe I need to learn how to fix it and keep it up to, so I wont have to take it to a shop every time.
Thing I Want To Experience Before I Turn 30:
Below are a few things that I wanted to do before my 30th birthday after I graduated high school.
- Find my passion in life. Life is just to short to not to find something to live for.
- Complete A Big Marathon. Really want to do the one in New York City.
- Swim With Dolphins. Love Dolphins.
- Go on a cross county road trip with friends. Would love to get in a big van with friends and just travel where ever and do what ever for a month.
- Go on a cruise. I want to go on a cruise to a island definitely not Alaska. Alaska is just to cold for me.
I Wanted To Eat Somewhere Featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives:
Well I really wanted to take a long road trip and just go to one a day while getting to do other adventurous stuff, I ended up going to one that was local. I happened to tell a friend about my list one day then a few weeks later she stopped by and told me she was taking me to lunch.
We ended up taking a 45 minute drive to the closest diner that was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. It was a hometown restaurant that featured fish and very cool appetizers. I am glad that I went because a few months later it ended up closing down. But I am so glad I go to go.
My Son Taught Me How To Play Chess:
I got a board and a learn how to play chess book a couple years ago but never really got around to learning more then the basic rules. To my son is very natural at playing such games as chess and learned several years ago when he was around 7 years old. He has now been teaching me to play, I am not very good but I am having a fun time learning.
Places I Want To Visit Before I Turn 30:
- Go To Italy. I want to spend all day in a boat site seeing.
- Go To Cancun. I want to spend all day on the beach.
- Go To The Grant Canyons and ride down on a horse.
- Go to Yellow Stone National Park to spend a week camping. Must go visit Old Faithful and few the geysers.
- Go to the Statue of Liberty and wear a funny hat
- Go To Paris and ride on the back of a motor bike. Don’t care to drive it I’ll let a hot guy do that for me.
- Explore the falls of Jamaica. Would also love to go to a cooking class there to learn how to cook like the locals.
Things I Want To Accomplish Before I Turn 30:
- Own My Own Business. Have not decided what type of business yet, but I know I want to work for my self.
- Buy A House. What bucket list would be complete without the goal of buying a house.
- Write My First Book. Okay I may not be he next hot novelist but I love to write.
- Earn A Masters Degree. Again not sure what I want to major in but I know I want the choice in life and being educated gives lots of choices.